FREE NZ SHIPPING for orders over $100
Breakfast Apple Crumble
This Breakfast Apple Crumble found its way to the top of our baking list, because who doesn’t want crumble for breakfast?
29 September 2021
- 6 sweet apples
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup gluten free oats
- 2/3 cup nuts of your choice. We used a blend of almonds and pecans
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp BeeNZ honey
- Peel and chop the apples.
- Sauté them in a pan with cinnamon, salt and coconut oil on medium high heat.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F.
- Put all crumble ingredients into your food processor or blender and add a splash of water (about 1 tbsp) and process until you get a crumbly mixture that sticks together.
- Use a small baking pan, oil the surface or add parchment paper and spread the sauteed apples. Then squeeze the crumble mixture to form bigger pieces of crumble and spread these over the apples.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
- Let cool off a little bit and enjoy with some milk or yogurt with a drizzle of honey to top!